- Address Labels
- Address List 地址列表
- Ahnentafel Report
- Birth Date and Place Report 出生日期和地方报表
- Births, Deaths, Marriages 出生,去世,婚姻
- Cemetery Report 墓地报表
- Changes Report 更新报表
- Close Relative Report 亲戚报表: details .. good one, 6 options
- Death Date and Place Report 去世日期和地方报表
- Descendancy Report 儿女报表: n/b/d/m, group by generation and Mom
- Expanded Relatives Report 远房亲戚报表
- Fact Sources 事实来源
- Family Group Report 家庭系报表: no options; details; one gen up and 1 gen down
- Individual Report 个人报表: details, parents/spouse/kids but no spouse of kid
- Marriage Date and Place Report 婚姻日期和地方报表
- Missing relatives facts
- Pedigree Chart – Landscape
- Pedigree Chart – Portrait
- Relatives Report 亲戚报表: 1 line of n/b/d & ID
- Branches 房系
- Families 家庭
- Individuals 个人 – edit page
- MultiMedia 多媒体
- Place Hierarchy 地方
- Repositories 文库
- Shared Notes 共享笔记
- Sources 来源
- Ancestry Chart 祖先图表
- Circle Diagram 圆圈图; 1/2, 3/4, 4/4
- Compact Chart 紧凑图表
- Descendancy Chart 儿女图表: 4 options
- Family Book Chart 家庭册
- Hourglass Chart 沙漏图表
- Interactive Tree 交互式家谱
- Lifespan Chart 寿命图表: a timeline
- Pedigree Chart 家谱图表: on the welcome screen; in Report form
- Pedigree Map 家谱地图
- Relationship Chart 关系图表: 2 people
- Statistics 统计
- Timeline Chart 时间安排图表
- Quick Update
- Edit Name
- Add new Name
- Edit Gender
- Edit raw GEDCOM record
- Delete this individual
What’s the best way to ‘remove‘ a person from a family?
Usually, unless a duplicate, you don’t want to ‘delete’ the person, but rather simply reassign them to the proper family. The best way to “remove” a person from a family record is to navigate to that family record involved and use the CHANGE FAMILY MEMBERS tool.
You can also use this same tool to add or change spouses.
It’s a duplicate. Is it ok to use it for another person (totally unrelated) to avoid ‘delete’?
Since this person is a duplicate, it’s better to delete. That’s a lot less work than if you were to change the person’s detailed information and then unlink that person from one family and link to another.
You would use the “unlink and link elsewhere” sequence when the person’s information had been entered correctly but was then attached to the wrong family. That way, you would avoid having to enter all of the person’s information a second time.
You need to remember that some information in the database belongs to individuals and other information belongs to families. For instance, birth, death, occupation, and residence as well as name information is part of an individual’s details. Marriage, divorce, and the list of who’s in the family all belong to the family’s details.